BRHL- Art by David Bruehl

This blog is one of my ways of presenting my work to the public while putting some of myself out there as well. I know when I look at artists, I'm just as interested in process as I am in finished work, so perhaps others may find that interesting in my work.

My Photo
Name:
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida, United States

Thursday, October 12, 2006

One of my favorite artists

For a while I thought that James Jean was a bit of a hidden treasure. His work has a unique sort of grace to it, very much unlike any other artist I know. Lately I've found that more people know of him than I was aware. He actually had a piece in the "Typewriters" show at RedLetter1. At the moment I saw it, I didn't grasp the fact that I got to see an original by him in person. You may recognize Jean's work as an illustration that really held you for a bit while looking through a magazine, or perhaps you saw some of his cover work for Vertigo's "Fables" comics. Nonetheless, check out his website and his blog, and get inspired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home